I’m typing this post in the throws of a massive cold/flu/grossest junk EVER mess. Knowing that, it’s safe for me to say that 2018 can just keep on trucking right out the door. HOWEVER…this year was one I won’t forget: the good, the bad, and what’s to come…
Let’s start off with the bad and just get it out of the way. If I had to sum up the year in two words they would be stress and emotion. I had so much of both. The year started right off the bat with my first kitty baby, Callie, passing away. She lived with Ryan after we divorced but it was so sad to let her go. She was one more piece of my old life that disappeared. My ex-husband got remarried and that effected me more than I ever thought possible. It was the sense of loss all over again. I was knocked down again when I found out they are expecting a baby. I’m happy for them, I mean that sincerely, but it’s just….so weird. Onward…my cat got very, very sick (his bladder blocked and ruptured) and that was a stressful, time-consuming, and VERY costly months of recovery. I moved. It was a great move and I’m SO HAPPY I did it, but still. New place, new roommate, packing and unpacking…not fun, expensive, and stressful. Alright, now take all of that and add abnormally high work stress. Oh, and I gained back all the weight I lost in 2017. BAM! 2018 in a nutshell.
If I left it at that you would think the year was total crap, right? It’s a good thing I had a lot of happies too. 🙂
I hired a fantastic gal from Louisiana to work for me and she’s been phenomenal. With her help, we had an exceptional audit this month. I’m excited for the new projects we can tackle this coming year. I have a roommate! It’s been such a nice treat having someone to come home to and share life with everyday. We’ve went on on several girl trips this year; a hiking trip in Hot Springs, AR and a weekend jaunt to South Bend, IN and Mackinac Island, MI! I cannot tell you how much I loved Mackinac Island. It’s a must-see for anyone looking for a beautiful and unique place to visit. Lastly, one of my biggest happies, I spent 3 weeks in Kauai with my fella and his family. Whoa, what a HUGE blessing. I’m convinced there isn’t a more beautiful place on earth.
So. 2018 all wrapped up in two paragraphs. Boiling down your year into small sentences is harder than you think. Crazily enough, the year felt like it went that fast. Two paragraphs worth.
What do I want for 2019? I don’t really like to do resolutions; I prefer goals. Kinda. Here are my hopes/goals for the year to come:
- Consistency & Discipline. I let stress and emotion (see above) control a lot of my life this year. I let it control my actions. I let it control my mood. I let it control my health. I need to change that this year.
- Intentionality with my Health. If I follow my goal above, my health will fall in line too. Diet, exercise, skincare, stress-management, and emotional well-being will all be better if I can be intentional, consistent, and disciplined with the tools I have to work with. I know what to do. I just need to do it.
- Strengthen my faith. I don’t think I need to explain that one. 🙂
- Payoff at least one loan. Money is tight for me now as 2018 was a huge drain on EVERYTHING. I need to be budget focused and paying off one loan would be a great snowball for that.
- Find my happy. Whatever that might be.
- Beat (or at least make it to) the end of one video game. Ok, this one is silly, but still. I’ve gotta get to the end of at least one.
Let’s do this 2019.