We don’t need a heavy topic post today. How about some things that have made me giggle over the last few days?
- There are two pieces of clothing I’m wearing today that are cinched together with safety pins. Losing weight has pros and cons. So yes, my jacket is necessary to hide the pins. (Before I found the safety pin my skirt was cinched tighter with a large binder clip. lol)
- This photo (borrowed from TinyAtlasQuarterly on instagram.) The photo bomb makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME:
- The Netflix show Grace and Frankie. Ok, so some of it is pretty silly, but boy does it make me giggle.
- This meme, which then makes me sing and dance to Milkshake. (Borrowed from Hallow and Plank on instagram):
- This has been shared a million times, but it still makes me laugh. Yes, I still watch it every time. Everyday Makeup Tutorial.
TODAY I LOVE: that my headache is finally started to recede!
Since the divorce and all the stuff after, feelings and emotions all seem more…real. I don’t mean to say that when I was married I didn’t fully feel things; that’s not it. I think because I don’t necessarily have someone with me all the time to share in a feeling or emotion, I get the full force of it. Sometimes I wallow in it (most of the time.) I’ve had my fair share of pity parties and dance parties. The highs are high and the lows…well, they are really, really low. Why is it always easier to share the highs and celebrations with other people but when you’re down you seclude yourself away, thinking you can handle it on your own?
At any rate, this year one of my goals or wishes for myself was to put a concerted effort into finding something, even if it’s something small, to be happy for every day. It might be the tiniest things or it could be HUGE. Today will be day 85 of my happy streak.
This exercise has shown me so much. Some days I get to the end of the day and I think to myself, “I’ve had nothing to be happy about today. It’s been a total crap day.” When that happens I’ll force myself to a happier time, something that makes me all warm inside. Or I’ll start thinking much smaller; like being thankful or happy for the warm drink in my hand or the smile my best friend gave me that morning. It’s shown me I have so much TO be happy about. Not all days are great, sure, but I’ve got a huge well to draw from. It has put a halt to the extended pity parties and makes the highs last longer.
I’ll definitely be keeping up the happy streak. Maybe you should start one too!
Be happy, my friends.
TODAY I LOVE: gummy vitamins
Those of you that know me in real life know I have the weird fascination with Beyonce. Whenever I wake up feeling super sassy; that’s Beyonce-mode. I get out the heels, slap on the red lipstick, fluff up the hair, and LET IT GO.
Today is one of those days and I’m not really sure why. As I was driving home from the gym this morning I started thinking about all the meetings I had today, about personal situations, and my general feeling of awesomeness after a great lifting session. And it was like all of the sudden – BOOM. I had instant Sarah Sass. There are very few things that can stop me when I’m in this mood.
I’ve been assertive. I’ve been walking with extra bounce and confidence in my step. And, of course, singing at the top of my lungs in my car. (And maybe in my office too but at a slightly less volume.)
I might have to dance when I get home. Who knows. Be Beyonce today. It’s pretty fun. Nothing scares people like a confident woman. 🙂
TODAY I LOVE: people who look you in the eye when speaking to you