At the beginning of this year my dad had a LARGE sore cut out of his face that turned out to be skin cancer. They cut him from ear to chin; diagonally across the cheek. It was so scary and impacted me more than I let on. Couple that with the fact that I’m turning 38 years old in October, well, skin care is at the very forefront of my mind.
I’m not an esthetician but oh if I had it to do over I think I might have chosen that path. I’m obsessed with this stuff right now. I did quite a lot of research before I chose the path I wanted to follow with my own skin. Since April I have been strictly following the k-beauty methods. K-beauty involves many steps: oil cleanse, water cleanse, exfoliator, toner, essence, serum, sheet mask, eye cream, moisturizer, sunscreen. Twice a day. You don’t do all those steps everyday, but most of them. I’ve seen such a marked difference in my face that I thought I would share some of my current beauty loves.
- Klavuu Pearlsation Divine Pearl Cleansing Oil: One of the things from the k-beauty routine that I will NEVER stop from here on out is the oil cleanse. This takes the place of any makeup remover. The oil, which smells amazing, just melts the makeup off. It also feels like a mini-massage. And no, contrary to what you might assume, it does not cause breakouts.
- Unseen Sunscreen: THIS STUFF ROCKS. I use it on my face, it feels like a primer, and it doesn’t leave any streaks. Do yourself a favor and buy this stuff now.
- Egg Cream Mask Pore Tightening: I have a lot of sheet masks that I love these days. I’m having so much fun trying them out. This sheet mask, however, I’ve bought more than once. I see such a difference after using it.
- Lala Retro Whipped Cream: I can’t give up two of my Drunk Elephant products and this is one of them. I love this moisturizer. I use it as my night cream. It’s thick and luxurious but absorbs quickly.
- Be the Skin Non-Stimulus Face Polisher: I have sensitive skin and this exfoliator does it’s job and doesn’t disrupt my face. It’s gentle but thorough. It is one of my favorite products these days. I use it twice a week.
- L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil: Oooooh boy. This smells delightful, creates a gentle lather, and is fantastic to shave with in the shower. You exit the shower without feeling like your skin has dried out.
I’ve got some new things coming in this week that I’ve been eagerly waiting on for months. If they are winners I’ll let you know. 🙂
If I can give you any encouragement…take care of your skin. I’m working on improving the rest of the skin on my body now. If I had only listened to all the things my grandmother told me when I was a girl I wouldn’t have such an uphill battle now. WEAR SUNSCREEN. It doesn’t matter what treatments or fancy creams you put on your skin if you’re not wearing sunscreen.
TODAY I LOVE: not wearing makeup because my skin is happy. 🙂